Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Imperial 12: The Conan Doyle (900x), 2+15

I felt quite good shooting the Conan Doyle. I had a very good initial read on the wind and was able to convert both my sighters. This is essential in my experience in order to shorten the length of one's shoot and reduce risk. Again, light changed dramatically after my sighters and I lost two points low. Basically, I think I could have not lost the points if I had read the wind exactly right. Failing that, if the light had not changed, they would still have been in with another 1/2 minute of elevation.

Be that as it may, I came up 1/2 minute, read the wind like a Zen master, and fired Vs for the last five shots. The RO later told me that only a couple of 49s and 50s had been recorded in my detail so I was likely in the top 2%. I'm ok with that, even if I left a possible 50 out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home