Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Imperial 11: Queen's I (600yds), 2+7

I felt pretty good going into 600yds. I had a good read on the wind and was shooting with a good friend, Alwyn McLean. I was holding well and seeing well, however the light conditions were quite poor because it was the end of the day and rain clouds darkened the sky. Wind was fairly steady from the left, running between 2.5-3.0 minutes.

I lost one low as the light died and came up a bit to ensure I didn't lose more. Folks on the mound left of me starting talking loudly after finishing their shooting and I had to tell them to shut up. That definitely raised my pulse a bit - I should have just ignored it - and the last few shots were quite dicey.

If I make it through to Queen's II, I'll count this Bisley trip as successful, in spite of all my difficulties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home