Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Imperial 9: Queen's I (300yds), 2+7

A frankly brilliant 300yd detail set me up for a good start for Queen's I. This match (for those who don't show) is a three-part match. One has to fire seven record shots at 300yds, 500yds, and 600yds. Typically, the "cut line" which culls out all but the best 300 shooters from the 1000+ shooter field is about 102 with 12Vs.

However, this was a quite tough year for wind and the rumour going around Camp is that the cut line is likely to be 101 or even 100. I'm hopeful I'll make it through to Queen's II (which is shot on Friday).

That's also a set of three matches (10 record shots at 300, 500, 600 with the top 100 firers making it through to the Queen's Final). I'm shooting quite well now that I've moved my sights back so if I make it through to Queen's II, I have a reasonable hope to make the Final. That said, making it through to the final 300 shooters is definitely one of my goals for the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home