Sunday, July 16, 2017

Battling jacket and buttplate

My Truttmann jacket (very expensive, custom fit) does not fit well, even though I was fitted by Herr Truttmann himself.

So I've fallen back to my Anschutz jacket which I have used over much of the winter (because I can fit a heavy sweater under in when shooting in the Seattle winter). It fits much better (off the rack).

Also, I am really concentrating on mounting the rifle butt in the shoulder the SAME way every time. So I've clipped a spring clip to my collar near the shoulder pad in preparation for my last shoot of the day (in about 75 minutes) and hope this helps me with positioning. I've been able to hold very well with this ammunition at all distances but not consistently.

I think this will help a great deal. Of course, I have to continue to read the wind well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home